September 30, 2024

Watling Place Temple Newington

Watling Place Temple


Date: September 2024 

Location:  Kent 

                                                              Public or abandoned - Public.


While I was searching for other locations on Google Maps, I came across this cute little place. I was surprised to realize that I had driven past this area many times without ever stopping to discover what was around. When I finally took about 10 minutes to look around and take photos, I was shocked at what I had been missing. It was still a nice place to stop and explore.


So it is said that in 2019, an archaeological dig uncovered 18 acres and found a number of different items such as pottery kilns, roads, and a Roman temple dating back to 30 BC.,  










No comments:

Post a Comment

Pitstone Windmill - Pitstone