August 11, 2024

ROC Post west sussex - Open day Cuckfield

 

Cuckfield ROC Post

Date : August 2024
Location : West sussex
public/abandoned - Public 
Delmoished - No




I came across an advertisement on Facebook stating that the Cuckfield nuclear bunker would be open to the public this weekend. I decided to drive down to see it for myself.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the bunker restored and open to the public. It was quite a unique experience. I would definitely recommend others to visit during the next open day.

According to the information provided, the Royal Observer Corps post was originally opened in 1962, closed in 1968, reopened in 1970, and finally closed in 1991. Unlike most ROC posts, this one remained abandoned until 2007. Restoration work began in 2009 and was completed by 2010.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

St Mary the Virgin Church, Nonington