August 21, 2024

Eltham place - Greenwich - English Heritage site.

 

Eltham place 

Date: August 2024
Location: Dover
public/abandoned - Public 
Delmoished - No

I'm not gonna lie, one day my 4-year-old and I were bored, so we were looking on the English Heritage site for places we could visit. I saw that Eltham Palace was doing summer trails (which we had never done before). So, we drove down to Greenwich and checked out the house and the grounds.
Normally, houses are not really my type of places to explore, even on English Heritage sites, as they do somewhat bore me. However, this one was pretty interesting and funky. My daughter was more interested in doing the trail and the play park there.
Overall, it was an interesting little exploration.
I also found out that apparently the place was once a favored medieval palace and then a Tudor Royal Residence. It was also transformed around 1930 by millionaires Stephen and Virginia Courtauld. You get a taste of the different periods as you explore the house.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

St Mary the Virgin Church, Nonington