August 21, 2024

kings Ferry Bridge anti-tank gun emplacement - Isle of Sheppey

 kings Ferry Bridge anit-tank gun placement 

Date: August 2024
Location:  Kent 
public/abandoned - abandoned 
Delmoished - No


I've been meaning to go here for ages but for some reason, I've never been able to get there. I had some free time, so I thought I'd go and check it out. At first, I parked in the wrong place and went the wrong way. I thought you could get to it by going under the bridge, but it turns out you can't do that. I had to go down a completely different road. After figuring out where I needed to go, I parked in the right place and then walked up to the anti-gun tank. I have to say, apart from it being filled up with rubbish, it was pretty cool to see as I don't recall seeing one of these before. It's said that this is similar to a Type 28. It has a small room that was used for two guns, and the main gun was at the front of the pillbox.








No comments:

Post a Comment

St Mary the Virgin Church, Nonington