I had wanted to explore this windmill for some time, but I kept missing its open hours or wasn't in the area. Since I was alread visiting different places, I thought I would make Chillenden Windmill my last stop for the day. It was open later than the other locations I had visited. Before heading there, I checked the website to confirm it was open, and it was. Additionally, this visit would mark the last of the 2026 season, as the windmill would reopen in May 2027.
The windmill itself is a really interesting little structure and not as large as other windmills you typically see. This lovely gem is also Grade II listed. The mill was a working mill until 1949. In December 1957, it is said that the mill was purchased for £100, and KCC restored it to a working mill for £728, although they did not retain all the machinery. Sadly, in 2003, the windmill collapsed, and in 2004, plans were announced to rebuild on the site. The mill reopened to visitors in 2005.






.jpeg)


No comments:
Post a Comment