September 05, 2022

Thruxted Mill - Canterbury

Thruxted Mill - Canterbury 


Date:  September 2022

Location:  Canterbury

Public or Abandoned: Abandoned

Demolished:  No



Let's say - this place gives me horror film vibes and tbh I wish I explored it during the day instead of the night 
I was told by someone about this place and I haven't been exploring in a good while so I asked my dad to have our toddler so we can go check out this location
Some of the buildings gave off horror and some of the rooms were creepy as hell. 
We were on the site for around about 2 hours, wording around and taking photos, 
We avoided any area with this wired oil on the floor and found a different way around the other buildings 
Pigeons flying did scare the crap out of me when they flyings around when I was when we enter a building 
Didn't spend too much time in the building due to the amount of pigeon crap that was laying around 
The bit that amazed me was the massive grinders that they used :O 



So according to the KOL article, this place has been abandoned for way over 15 years, the site was known for processing infected cattle with mad cow disease , In 2018 there were plans to build a 20 home easte on it  but after three years they withdraw the application 
it also said that thruxted mill is 1/4 of sites in the uk that used to dispose of cows with mad cow disease in the 1990s 
it was also said it would possibly cost 1.75m£ to properly disinfect the site to build on.
Now the site sits an eyesore with an uncertain future 







































































  

No comments:

Post a Comment

st catharines - kingsdown