May 27, 2024

Whatman Park Type 22 pillbox - Maidstone - Kent

 Type 22 pillbox 



                                           Date: May 
                                           Location:  Maidstone
                                           Abandoned or Public : Public 
                                           Delmoished: N0


When I was taking my 3-year-old to the park, we decided to take a different route. On our way, we came across a pillbox. The doorway had been bricked up and the entrance was buried in the mud, but I managed to take some photos through the window. When my 3-year-old saw it, she was really excited and ran over to it, saying "wow."


This pillbox is a type 22, and it dates back to around WW2. It was used as part of the G.H.Q defence line. Other than that, I cannot find any more history on it.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Grain Battery Fort - Medway