June 06, 2024

Jewel Tower - London

 Jewel Tower 

                                           Date: June 
                                           Location:   London 
                                           Abandoned or Public : Public ( English H) 
                                           Delmoished: N0


When I was out and about in London for the day, I decided to check out the Jewel Tower after learning that it was a historical English Heritage site. I have to say, I was somewhat disappointed by its small size and it didn't match my expectations. On the positive side, I found the staff to be really lovely. I was able to explore the Jewel Tower in about 20 minutes due to its small size, but overall, it was somewhat interesting.


The tower is a 14th-century structure, built between 1365-1366, and it is located in Westminster, London. From 1921, the House of Lords was assigned a permanent home in the Jewel Tower until it was transferred to the Victoria Tower in the mid-19th century. The English Heritage now looks after the tower.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Grain Battery Fort - Medway