October 26, 2022

East Gate House - Rochester

 Eastgate House 

Date: October 2022

Location:  Medway

Public or Abandoned: Public

Demolished:  No


Over October half term me and my toddler though we do the Halloween trail around Rochester where they collect little badges at each location
East Gate House was one the locations, on the trail , I have never been in East Gate House so I took this opportunity to go into East Gate House, I paid £5 something witch was a good price, and off I went ~ I was so surprised how big the house is on the side with hidden doors , and passages leading into other rooms , also how clean and well kept the house
I would recommend anyone to go visit if in the area

A bit history I found on web

 So it said that east gate house is grade 1 listed building ,

its said it was built around 16th/17th century 

the building had a £2.2m HLF to help restore the building as carfuly as possible with its oringal features 

the second floor of the building was open to the public after beeen closed for more than 40yrs 




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramsgate Tunnels - Kent