August 31, 2026

Cutty Sark, - Greenwich

Cutty Sark 


I have always wanted to visit this boat, but for some reason, I never got around to it. So, during our annual trip to London before school started, my daughter and I decided to hit up Greenwich and check out a few different places, and this boat was one of them. Once we were on the boat, we spent a good hour or so exploring it. However, it was quite busy since we went on a weekend, but we were still able to see everything. The boat itself is really interesting.


This lovely boat was built in Scotland in 1869, but London became its home. In 1870, the boat traveled to China with over 1.3 million pounds of tea on board. It is said to have cost just a little over £16,150 to build. The boat was also opened twice by Queen Elizabeth II, in 1957 and again in 2012 after it was restored.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutty Sark, - Greenwich

Cutty Sark  I have always wanted to visit this boat, but for some reason, I never got around to it. So, during our annual trip to London bef...