I'm starting to get into urban exploring and looking around my local area for new locations to explore. Recently, I stumbled across an old, abandoned reservoir. I have to say, as a newcomer to urbex, this has to be one of the riskiest explorations I’ve done, as there was little room for error due to the small gaps around.
The reservoir itself has two sections: a larger section and a smaller one. You can access the larger section by climbing over a big pipe and down a ladder. Once you're inside the reservoir, you realize how vast it is; you feel like a tiny ant in comparison.
People have used the reservoir as a makeshift skateboarding park, and I found some homemade ramps and pipes on the ground. Some of the graffiti was really cool as well. There were a few buildings on the site, but they have been gutted, and there is nothing worth exploring inside.
This reservoir was abandoned and drained in the 1980s. It is said that the site was used to supply water to Chatham Dockyard. There is a rumor that sadly, someone drowned in the reservoir.


























No comments:
Post a Comment