Welcome to my blog! This is my first-ever urban exploration (urbex), and I want to share my experience of an abandoned train line that runs from Gillingham train station all the way down to what is now Gillingham Asda. This train line has been abandoned since mid-2010 due to the bridge becoming unsafe. I remember seeing a train run along these tracks, and we always referred to it as the "ghost train."
When I explored this the tracks had only been abandoned for about three years, and I have to say it was one of the easiest explorations I’ve done. Getting onto the tracks was straightforward, and walking along them was quite simple. We spent about two hours down there, undisturbed, just enjoying the peace and quiet.
The railway line was in operation from 1877 until mid-2010 when it became abandoned due to the bridge becoming unsalvageable. The tracks were primarily used as a freight line to deliver materials to the docks. Since then, the line has been disconnected from both the docks and the main track line and has become extremely overgrown. Gillingham Asda now sits where the docks once were.
ππ¬π π²πͺπ’π«π±π¦π«π€ π±π₯π’ π΄π¬π―π©π‘ ππ―π¬π²π«π‘ πͺπ’ - ππ―π¬πͺ ππππ«π‘π¬π«π’π‘ π±π¬ π±π¬π²π―π¦π°π± ππ©ππ π’π° - ππ³π’π―πΆπ±π₯π¦π«π€ π΄π¬π―π±π₯ π‘π¬π π²πͺπ’π«π±π¦π«π€
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Draper mill - Margate
I have wanted to visit this windmill for a long time after seeing a friend of mine go there. Recently, I happened to be in Margate, so I d...
-
Monty battle Hq Date: May 2021 Location: Reigate Public or Abandoned: abandoned Demolished: Yes I came across this deep shelter in Ap...
-
I met up with another local explorer, who I believe was the one who told me about this place. We headed into the play park and jumped the fe...
-
I'm starting to get into urban exploring and looking around my local area for new locations to explore. Recently, I stumbled across an o...





















No comments:
Post a Comment