March 15, 2013

Coure Port ( aka cats eyes ) - Brompton Kent


Right next to the abandoned reservoir, there was this tunnel area. At first, I didn't know what it was, but after talking to a few people, I found out it is called Coure Port, also known as Cat's Eyes. I have no idea how it got the name "Cat's Eyes." Anyway, exploring this area was really easy; you could simply walk right in. Looking around with a poor light made it a bit spookier than it needed to be. There are only a few rooms, and they are empty, but the concrete block in the middle reminds me of something from Temple Run, though I have no idea why it's there. Apparently, there is a tunnel beneath it, but no one knows for sure. This exploration was quick, but one part did freak me out when I shone my light and saw two eyes looking back at me. It turned out to be just road reflectors on the floor. Regarding the history of this place, no one seems to know why it exists or what it was used for. Some people say it is an abandoned part of Fort Amherst, while others suggest that the ramp in the middle was a tank stopper from World War I. In any case, no one really seems to know the history of this place, even though it is well-known in the local area.



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutty Sark, - Greenwich

Cutty Sark  I have always wanted to visit this boat, but for some reason, I never got around to it. So, during our annual trip to London bef...