August 28, 2026

TYPE FW3-24 Pillbox - Wickhambreaux Kent

 Type FW3 - 24 pillbox 


This pillbox wasn’t actually on my itinerary, but since I was in the area anyway, I decided to check it out while visiting another location nearby. Most pillboxes look quite similar; the only difference is that some are empty while others still contain remnants of their past. Aside from the graffiti, this one was in better shape than most I have seen, and it also had an interesting information board nearby that provided details about the history of the area and highlighted other pillboxes in the vicinity.

The walk to the pillbox was straightforward, as there was a public footpath that led right to it, and you could also go inside the pillbox to take a look around.
The plaque explains that it was constructed by civilians in the early 1940s and was manned by seven soldiers.










No comments:

Post a Comment

TYPE FW3-24 Pillbox - Wickhambreaux Kent

 Type FW3 - 24 pillbox  This pillbox wasn’t actually on my itinerary, but since I was in the area anyway, I decided to check it out while vi...