April 03, 2023

RAF lympne - Kent

 
RAF Lympne

 Date:  April
Location:  Hythe
Public or Abandoned: Abandoned 
Demolished: No 


This was a revisit for me I first explored this site back in 2019 but missed out on the battle HQ, but I was in the area so i thought why not let check out the site again, 
I'm not too keen on this site prob because of how open it is, But from my visit in 2019 and this visit in 2023 a lot of things have happened, they have really cleaned up the site, and some buildings have defo been demolished so makes me wonder if they have something planned for the site,
We quickly zoomed around the site,

the battle HQ was my first ever visit, tbh it the same style as another battle HQ I have explored in the past but was not in it for long as i did fall down the steps inside due to them being a tad slippy


So it said that RA Lympne was built around 1916 and expanded in 1939 it said that the site was used in both world wars  
the site closed in 1946 but was used as a civil airport up until 1984 
The site is now home to the zoo 








































No comments:

Post a Comment

citadel battery Dover - Kent