March 11, 2024

St Mary the Virgin Old Alresford

 St Mary the Virgin 

                                         

 

                                           Date: March   
                                           Location:  Hampshire
                                           Abandoned or Public : public 
                                           Delmoished: NO

Upon my arrival at the church, I was uncertain whether it was open, as I had seen on Google that it had been closed at times when visitors came. However, upon reaching the church, I went to check and found it to be open. I then proceeded inside and was amazed by the beauty of the interior, which was different from the other style churches I am used to exploring. 


I learned that the church was built in the 18th century and is a Grade 2 listed building, considered to be of special interest. In 2017, it was redecorated. Private prayer sessions are still held on Sundays.












 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramsgate Tunnels - Kent