January 08, 2015

Shorts Tunnels - Rochester Medway

Short Tunnels  

Date:   Jan 2015

Location: Medway

Public or Abandoned: Now Tours

Demolished:  No





This was not my first time in the tunnels I have also been in there in 2013/2014 too - Something always made me wanna go back to the tunnels to explore them and every time I did I just kept finding different things that saw before. 


It is said that shorts tunnel Rochester can backdate to just before World war 2 -  Shorts tunnels is apparently one of the longest underground air-raid shelters in the UK 

Its tunnels were used for air-raid shelter during the bombing and also had an underground factory connected to it that made the seaplanes.


 The site was later abandoned and the factory above ground was demolished as the housing company started to build houses the shorts tunnels underground factory was left to decay.










































No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramsgate Tunnels - Kent