February 09, 2017

Royal Marines Deep Refuge - Tunnels - Chatham

Royal Marines Deep Refuge Tunnels



Date: Feb 2017

Location: Chatham

Public or Abandoned:  abandoned

Demolished: sealed up





I had heard of this place about a year before actually going, thanks to a few Facebook friends. A friend of mine also wanted to explore the tunnel, so I gave them a call and we went together. The entrance to the tunnel was probably the most difficult access I have ever done in my life. I later found out that it had been sealed and welded shut at a later date. Once we were inside, I was amazed by how large it was. I didn't even get the chance to explore all the tunnels and had planned to revisit it at a later date, but I never did. The climb to some of the levels was the scariest thing I have ever done because the wood was rotting away.

I couldn't find much information on the history of this place, but it is said to have three floors and an underground hospital on the top floor. 






































No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramsgate Tunnels - Kent