September 20, 2025

Saint Mary the Virgin Upchurch

 St Marys The Virgin 



Date September | location Upchurch | Delmoished - No 

I had been interested in visiting this church for a while, as I have driven past it many times and always wanted to take a look. However, every time I tried to visit, it was closed. One day, while driving to a different location, I noticed it was open, so I decided to stop and explore the church. It was somewhat busy due to the Ride and Strive event and Heritage Week, but it was still wonderful to see.

The church is one of six in the rural parishes and is an ancient structure dating back to medieval times. It is also Grade I listed.












No comments:

Post a Comment

St Albans Cathedral - Hertfordshire.

  I stopped off at the St Albans Cathedral during my visit, and wow, it reminded me of something out of Harry Potter. The interior was stunn...